Monday, June 20, 2011

Weekend

I had a relatively good weekend in the food category. Stayed on trak pretty much. My biggest problem is in the preparation and planning ahead and following through on said plan. Fridays and weekends always presents a challenge when mealtime comes around.

I ended up with scrambled eggs on Friday night because I was running so much I failed to plan my meal and ran out of time. Didn't get those eggs till 7:30 either. Saturday - busy busy - but bought and cooked some tuna steaks. Never grilled asparagus before but it turned out so good. Greased the asparagus with some olive oil and salt. Easy. Who doesn't like rice-a-roni? I love it and it went well with the tuna and asparagus. I can't say how good I did without saying that I had my downfalls. I had a whole double chocolate cream cake in the freezer from a few weeks back. It had to come out of the freezer so food could go in and of course the cake HAD to be cut. It was so yummy and rich. Really like a devils food cake. I also ate a package of raisinettes - love that chocolate all over those raisins. Half of that snak was healthy - huh. Even though I ate foods I shouldn't have I still came in OK on the Plan.

For the tuna - melted butter, fresh basil, lemon zest and juice from a half lemon and a tea. of chopped garlic. Mixed the herbs and juice and let the butter cool and rubbed on steaks.

All in all snacks included I stayed on trak with WW Points Plus progam going over only slightly with that chocolate cake.

Stress is better this week so far.

Expecting rain later in the week and that makes me happy.

2 comments:

Corner Gardener Sue said...

Hi Becca,
My daughter and I joined WW a few years ago, and went to the meetings. I lost 60 pounds, which was about 20 pounds more than they thought I should. I ended up gaining 17 pounds of it back, but have managed to stay around the same weight for a couple years.

I think online would work well as long as you keep track of your points. I eat chocolate every day. I haven't been keeping track of points since making my personal goal, even though I gained some back. I try to use portion control, and that helps.

Have fun with it, and don't beat up on yourself.

Susan said...

You go girl!

Susan