Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Stationary Bike

The greatest barrier to success is the fear of failure. by Sven Goran Ericksson

This is the baby that is gonna help me to attain my goals. I am feeling great as my daily time increases. I will be increasing my time and tension on the bike at least once a week. The weights are also making a difference in the way I feel. My time on the bike over the past 4 days is 50 minutes. I have been using the weights 4 times a week. Blood pressure has been good hanging out at 140 something over 80 or 90 something. My heart rate has been good - resting at 78 or so and increasing to 125 when exercising. A very good feeling - it's working as my heart rate has been dropping and the pressure is getting better.

Tracking my calories, carbs and fiber makes me more conscious of what I'm putting in my mouth. But I have a problem with writing stuff down. If I begin to chart my success on paper I become so distracted that I end up eating more than if I didn't write it down. When I use to do the WW program it didn't seem to be a problem then. I have to be aware of certain things such as fiber in my diet due to digestive disorders. My goal is to get at least 20 -30 grams of fiber a day. I am drinking more water too. I am also aware of fatty foods due to high cholesterol. I should be but am not currently taking meds to reduce cholesterol.

Hope you all have a great fourth of July.

No comments: